A slow roasted pork belly that gives you beautiful, succulent, moist, tender pork with a perfect crackling.
- 1Kg whole piece of Andreas Meats Belly Pork
- 2 tbsp Chinese five spice powder
- 1 tbsp Minced ginger
- 2 Garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp Demerara sugar
- 1 Apple, sliced
- 1 Yellow onion, sliced
- Stone’s Ginger wine – a good slug!
- Score the belly pork on top. In a sink or a heat proof dish, pour boiling
water over the skin and pat dry with some absorbent kitchen towel.
Put the meat in the fridge overnight.
- Mix together the spice powder, minced ginger and garlic and demerara
sugar and rub it into the scored pork skin and around the sides.
- Preheat oven to fan assisted 200°c/400°f/gas 7 and place the sliced
apple and onion under the pork belly and roast in the oven skin side up
and uncovered for 30 mins until the skin begins to blister.
- Reduce the oven to fan assisted 130°c/270°f/gas 2, add the Stone’s
Ginger wine and cover with the foil and roast for a further 5 hrs until it
is tender enough to be shredded with a fork.
- Turn the heat back up to the original temperature in order to crisp the skin.
- Serve with mash and gravy